Legislative Priorities under Administration for Community Living (ACL)
- Retrieve increase proposed in ACL’s FY 2023 budget request
- Collaborate with ACL to accomplish one or two goals that illuminate the Assistive Technology Act within ACL
- Open doors at the federal level, with ACL, that will benefit AT Act Programs at the state level
Legislative Priorities with Congress
- On December 15, 2022, as part of the final passage of the National Defense Authorization Act, the U.S. Congress agreed to reauthorize the Assistive Technology (AT) Act by including The 21st Century Assistive Technology Act (AT Act) in the final package. ATAP appreciates the efforts undertaken by Congress to reauthorize the AT Act.
- Increase the current baseline of funding for the Assistive Technology Act
- Support and encourage coordination/collaboration with AT Act Programs and outside partnerships that include but are not limited to: State Medicaid Agencies, AAAs, DD Councils, Independent Living, State Education Agencies, etc.